Early in my career, when I worked in the energy and computer fields, I observed how hard it is to be a skilled and genuine leader. And so I began what has become a lifelong investigation into the best ways to help people tap into their innate power. The “treasure chest” of resources I’ve assembled includes the Deep Coaching framework, enneagram, exploration with imagery, reflection exercises, retreats and peer coaching groups.
In 1991, I cofounded a leadership consulting firm and later cofounded the Women’s Leadership Community. I’ve even won awards for guiding individuals and teams to develop greater insight and increase innovation.
In addition to my work as a coach, I’m a small-business owner. My husband, the sculptor Tom Christiansen, and I own the Last Chance Studio and Gallery in Lutsen. (We invite you to stop by next time you’re visiting the stunning North Shore!) We also collaborate in creating commemorative artworks through Studio Forma. We live with our two spoodles (aka cockapoos) in a house we built ourselves on Lake Superior.
How I Can Help
- Do you need to speak up more? Or tone it down?
- Do you need help managing your energy? Or a problem employee?
- Do you really want that promotion? Or, is it time to look for a vocation?
I can help. I will create a coaching program tailored to your unique situation. We’ll talk together. I may suggest you try certain exercises or self-observation. The questions you start with will most likely deepen. And so we’ll investigate the questions behind your questions—questions such as:
- How do you show up as a leader?
- Do you build relationships with every conversation?
- Are you focusing on what matters most?
Answering those questions may be hard, and be forewarned: I do ask you to work between our sessions! But as we work together, you’ll likely start to notice that you’re becoming:
- Clearer in your intentions and less reactive,
- More skilled in communicating and strategizing, and
- Calmer and more focused.
In other words, the kind of leader you truly have the potential to be.